Sunday, December 14, 2014

Unfair

God doesn't owe me anything because I might not be able to have my own biological children.
Women who are trying to decide if they should make an adoption plan for their unborn children don't owe me anything because I wasn't dealt a "fertile" card.

I am not a victim of some unfair circumstance.

It felt like it, at one point.  It felt like God needed to provide me children, because His word said to go forth and multiply and we weren't multiplying.  It felt like women who "shouldn't" have kids did and I, as a responsible adult, was being treated unfairly.


And I was right-- I'm being treated unfairly.

I live in an unfair world.  So unfair that a perfect man, who was also God, left his throne in Heaven to live on earth during a time without running water and modern convenience to teach and love people who were, frankly, terrible in comparison.  So unfair that this man had to give up His life so that they could be forgiven for their sins.

I live in an unfair world.  So unfair that even after sending His only son to earth to die for the sins of His people, the God of the universe also listens to me and calls me His daughter.  So unfair that He gives me blessings that I sometimes don't even notice.  Where He knows the number of hairs on my head, even though I am so incredibly small and one of so many.

I have been treated unfairly my whole life.  The wages of sin are death and I'm still alive with eternal life ahead of me. 

And life will continue to be unfair.  Maybe someday (maybe someday soon), I will be blessed with a child that needs a stable home.  It's not fair that that child will have to live with such a sticky start to life.  But it is my prayer that he or she will also experience the incredible unfairness of God's saving grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment