Thursday, March 26, 2015

Not The Update You Deserve

After taking a blogging break I was hoping to come back fresh faced and full of good, thought out blog posts. 

But, it just wasn't happening.  And today of all days is probably not the one I should be using to update you on my life, but,it found me in some interesting positions that I thought might make you laugh at my misfortune.  Because what good is misfortune if you can't make a joke out of it.

This morning I found myself sitting on the curb outside of the Cenex near the interstate waiting for my husband to pick me up after a running injury stopped me a few miles from home.  People driving by kept glancing at the neon-clad girl shivering along side the road.

Due to said injury and with the help of little sleep the night before I was upset and slightly dramatic.  So, later in the morning, you could find me bawling in the Wal*Mart parking lot while I talked to my mom.  Or, because it was Wal*Mart and I had lost all self-respect at that point, I could be found wandering around the store carrying toilet paper (the only thing I buy from Wal*Mart, typically), still blotchy-faced, red eyed and runny nosed from crying in my car.

My students just had an off day, which is draining.  When kids just mess up a lot on things they know, it's hard to teach.  So by the end of lessons, you would find me laying on my couch in raccoon pajamas (you heard me), watching a TV show and calling my husband to, for the first time in years, ask him to pick something up in the frozen aisle to make for dinner tonight.  He was sweet and got me a gluten free pizza.

Then I got a call from my mom.  Calls from my mom in the evening are usually not a good sign.  No exception here.  Dad is still not cancer free.  His options are higher levels of chemo or surgery.  But, as he was nearing his retirement, he now has to stay on for the insurance for at least a few more months.

So today wasn't the greatest.  But that's okay.  At least I was almost worthy of being a "people of walmart" person, and I freaked people out at a cenex station.  And, all I have to do is sit on the floor and I'm bombarded with kisses from puppies, or call and my husband gives me a hug.


Tomorrow is a new day.  And it'll be a good one.  Because I'm thinking I'm going to start it off with a chai tea.  And nothing ruins chai tea day.

No comments:

Post a Comment