Tuesday, July 5, 2016

6 Months a Mother

6 months a mother and still none the wiser.
6 months a mother and still worried I'm doing it wrong.
6 months a mother and we tummy time 6 times a day.
6 months a mother and we practice sign language with song.

5 bottles a day and one more before bed.
5 minutes at the beginning of every nap I pat his back.
5 times we've tried cereal with a bowl and spoon. 
5 people I'm grateful for, who pick up my slack *. 

4 books every day, we read together in his chair.
4 AM I'm up and running, literally... I run.
4 times a day we step outside to shop, walk or play.
4 chores at night, before the day can be done.

3 naps a day, and hour or more a piece.
3 dogs follow us around hoping for attention.
3 bottles I wash over and over again.
3 educational CDs we listen to, hoping for retention.

2 of us hoping we don't screw this kid up.
2 days a week Jim is home with us all day.
2 piano recitals every day where Josiah (and the dogs) sing along.
2 times a day Josiah and I pray

1 little boy we love so very much.
1 chance to raise him the best that we can.
1 more day before he's another day older :(.
1 huge (little) blessing, part of God's plan.


* You know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment