Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Almost 9 Months, Not Showing At All.

This post is one part admitting to a fault, one part bearing my soul and two parts saying thank you, so I ask that you be patient with me if I suddenly switch gears and stop making sense.

I have been telling everyone I can that I might be a mom in February.  It's almost an unstoppable force beyond my control that has me blurting it out everywhere.  In the grocery store line, at the hair dressers, getting gas in my car, customers at the store... I can't stop bringing it up.  And while I can say in all honesty that it is mostly because I'm the most excited I've ever been and just can't contain my excitement around other people, there is a bit of a poor reason for my exuberant sharing, too.

 I'm ashamed to admit that I kind of like to experience, for just a second, what it feels like to be a pregnant woman.

I love to see someone's face light up when I tell them about my potential baby boy.  I love to have people ask me sweet questions or share in my excitement.  I like the companionship that sharing a life event with someone brings and how I suddenly feel ten times closer to my hair dresser when I tell her my news.

Since I don't get the privilege of carrying my son in my womb, it's not like the average person on the street would have any idea that I'm expecting to fill my home with a bundle of joy very soon.  For some reason, I really want everyone to know.  Since my belly can't tell people for me, I tell them.


With that in mind, though, I can't help but feel extreme gratitude towards those who have allowed me to obnoxiously share my excitement.  I am so thankful for those who have shared in my joy, who have let their faces light up, who have hugged me tight (or, in Bob's case, told me my news was as exciting as ... what was it again?  Something wrapped in bacon dipped in awesome sauce, I think).  I am so thankful for those who have encouraged me along the way and for those who have brought the sweetest things to us, from notes with sweet well wishes to handmade baby blankets.  And I am so grateful every time someone shares with me that they appreciate this blog and have been reading our journey.  My heart is so full to know that there are people in the world that truly care about us and are cheering for us as we expand our family.  

So while I admit to sharing my news with basically strangers in order to get that awesome almost-pregnancy reaction, I also want to say thank you, so much, to those of you who have been with us this whole time and all of your genuinely amazing reactions.  I have told S how awesome our support system is here and I meant every word.

Thanks, all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment