Tuesday, November 7, 2017

List of 25

I've been wanting to write a blog post for a while but just haven't had the creativity or interesting stories to do so.  We are redoing our flooring, so my house is a disaster, and with everything else going on in my life right now I'm feeling that way myself.  So I found a list of questions I thought would be fun to answer.  Because when I can't be creative, I let someone else do the heavy lifting... much like I'm letting Jim do the hard parts of the floor repair.


Question 1: When did you screw everything up, but no one ever found out it was you?
I'm usually pretty good at sharing when I've blown it.  But, there have been times when I played dumb and gotten away with things.  I honestly can't think of an example but they are, to my embarrassment, somewhere in my past. 
Question 2: What would you name your boat if you had one?
I wouldn't.  And if I did, I would name it, "I Wouldn't", because no one else would use that name for a boat.
Question 3: What will finally break the internet?
I thought Ellen already did that. 
Question 4: What celebrity would you rate as a perfect 10?
I wouldn't, but the highest ranking would probably be Zachary Levi.
Question 5: Which fictional character would be the most boring to meet in real life?
Edward Cullen.  Because really, that series could have been condensed to half a book if "I love you Bella", "Bella, Bella, Bella" wasn't repeated so often.
Question 6: What is the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made?
Best purchase-- My Buffet Festival Bb Clarinet.
Worst Purchase -- Right now I'm thinking my house because it's falling apart, but probably more realistically HP laptops.
Question 7: If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?
I can't tell you that, in case I go into protective custody and need to use that name. (Or... if we become parents to a little girl and I am able to use that name...)
Question 8: What are some things that sound like compliments but are actually insults?
There are so many, not worth typing them out.   People can be mean.
Question 9: What’s a body part that you wouldn’t mind losing?
I quite like all of my body functioning.
Question 10: What’s your biggest screw up in the kitchen?
I dropped a pot holder into my stove once and it started on fire.  I left a pan of sweet potatoes in the oven and went to a concert with them still in the oven.  I spilled juice under the fridge.  I got the wrong burner hot and melted a tupper ware lid.  I could go on...
Question 11: What’s the worst commercial you’ve recently seen? Why is it so bad?
Macy's commercials always annoy me.  I only get commercials on youtube, though, and they are usually fast.  I do remember a European car commercial where the sunroof took off a cat head, which to this day grosses me out.
Question 12: What’s the closest thing to real magic?
Fireflies.
Question 13: What is the craziest thing one of your teachers has done?
I had a teacher who wore her glasses upside down and jeans under her skirt.  She admitted to not combing her hair for months on end and almost killed Jim and I while crossing 5 lanes of traffic during rush hour.
Question 14: Who is the messiest person you know?
My 2 year old son, without a doubt.
Question 15: What problem or situation did TV / movies make you think would be common, but when you grew up you found out it wasn’t?
Quicksand.  I was convinced that stuff was everywhere. Why do people like beaches?! It's a death trap!!
Question 16: What quote or saying do people spout but is complete BS?
There are so many!  "Slow and steady wins the race" has always bothered me...I get the illustration but it isn't true.  Well trained and properly executed wins the race.  The slow one is still slow...

Question 17: What’s something your brain tries to make you do and you have to will yourself not to do it?
Eat the chocolate. 
Question 18: What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
I'm an idiot.  The ways are numerous. 
Question 19: If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?
This is a really big question and I don't know if I could have a question picked out.  It would be to God about God, but I'm not sure which I would ask of the many questions I have for Him.
Question 20: What’s the most interesting thing you’ve read or seen this week?
Nothing I've read has been interesting.  It's all been sad.  The most "interesting" sad was that in India a mob lit some elephants on fire.  It's not interesting, it's just shocking to read.
Question 21: What ridiculous thing has someone tricked you into doing or believing?
I was a gullible and imaginative child.  Mermaids in the creek behind my house, gnomes in the woods ...you name it. 
Question 22: If you were given a one-minute ad slot during the Super Bowl that you couldn’t sell, what would you fill it with?
Either a recipe you can make in under a minute with typical super bowl party foods (I don't know what that would be, but I would love to see people try to make it in under a minute... interactive TV!) or blank screen so the diehards freak out.
Question 23: What’s the most useless talent you have?
I can do mindless, repetitive tasks really, really fast.  I can pull a dollar bill out from between stacked cups. 
Question 24: What would be on the gag reel of your life?
I think I mentioned I'm an idiot, so there are plenty of face-palm moments for the audience to enjoy.  But the times I've burst out laughing have mostly been with my husband or my kid and the awesomely fun things they do.
Question 25: Where is the worst smelling place you’ve been?
Science class when we were dissecting worms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment